According to WHO, about 15% of waste produced by health care facilities poses a danger to humans and the environment.
People started talking about the dangers of medical waste in the second half of the twentieth century. The problem arose in connection with the discovery of a number of infectious diseases that threaten humanity with epidemics. Scientists from different countries have emphasized that it is possible to become infected with HIV, hepatitis B or C during medical procedures, which means that it is time to take the situation under control and assign special medical waste disposal services to deal with the problem.
The issue of classification of medical waste their proper collection and storage was raised by the World Health Organization in 1979. An independent expert council classified medical waste as hazardous and pointed out the need for its special methods of handling and disposal.
Nowadays, medical waste disposal services use advanced methods of taking care of this hazardous waste. Let’s have a look at the equipment without which the process of medical waste disposal wouldn’t be as effective as it is now.
The main advantages of medical waste treatment equipment.
- Versatility. Medical waste treatment equipment used by medical waste disposal services can be used in any type of healthcare facilities and not only antenatal clinics, maternity hospitals, dispensaries and sanatoriums, SPA centers, clinics, private medical and diagnostic centers, laboratories.
- High-quality processing.
- Reliability. The equipment medical waste disposal services use fully complies with sanitary and epidemiological norms and rules.
- Easy to operate. Staff will be able to easily deal with the maintenance of the disinfection system; long-term training of workers is not required.
- Simple design. Reliable equipment will serve for a long time.
- Rapid installment. Medical equipment for hazardous and toxic waste disposal is delivered assembled. Immediately after installation, it can be connected to the power and used.
- Maintainability. The removable side panel allows accessing the main components of the disposal machine, which makes the replacement or repair of the necessary parts a simple task.
Let’s have a look at the most popular equipment used by medical waste disposal services.
Equipment for disinfection of medical waste by steam under pressure. This machine is suitable for processing used medical tools made of rubber, plastic, glass, metal, fabric, etc. Waste after disinfection is labeled no dangerous, regardless of the initial level of danger. Loading does not require sorting processing with chemicals.
- Vacuum thermal saturation maximizes processing efficiency.
- The inner chamber is made of stainless steel for corrosion and chemical resistance.
- Maximum level of automation. This machine does not require human participation in the process of waste processing, with the exception of loading and unloading materials.
- The equipment does not require special conditions. The recycling process does not affect the environment. The hydraulic press works quietly, the machine is connected to a standard power supply.
- Provides the highest level of safety.
A medical waste shredder is a powerful unit of compact dimensions designed for fast shredding of decontaminated products. This equipment is used to destructure syringes, probes, test tubes, ampoules, needles, scalpels, razors, dressings, paper and rubber products, etc.
It’s possible to find medical waste treatment equipment at affordable prices on the Internet. Properly selected equipment by medical waste disposal services can reduce the cost of hazardous substances disposal by 40-45%.